Home

[rad_page_section id=’rpsQODL347VMW1RYS7M6V7XGXG6IQIX0QPK’ first=’true’ section_name=’Section’ v_padding=” classes=” visibility=’None’ background_opts=” background_color=” background_image=” background_position=” background_cover=” background_repeat=” background_attachment=” background_gradient_dir=” start_gr=” end_gr=’#eeeeee’ video_url=” border_top_width=’0′ border_top_color=” border_top_type=” border_bottom_width=’0′ border_bottom_color=” border_bottom_type=” ][rad_page_container id=’rpcDFDDE5HVHCKYGAOJWPQIRQJTP1O81J6U’ layout=’full’ first=’true’ last=’true’ top=’true’ classes=” visibility=’None’ float=’left’ background_opts=” background_color=” background_opacity=” background_image=” background_position=” background_cover=” background_repeat=” background_attachment=” background_gradient_dir=” start_gr=” end_gr=’#eeeeee’ border_top_width=’0′ border_top_color=” border_top_type=” border_bottom_width=’0′ border_bottom_color=” border_bottom_type=” ][rad_page_widget id=’rpwU11KQNEWF025TVS1LS115R3N5W1O631F’ type=’rad_text_widget’ last=’true’ top=’true’ type=’rad_text_widget’ text_title=’St. Patrick&squot;s De La Salle’ text_subtitle=’Cootes Lane, Kilkenny’ rich_key=’text_data’ col_alignment=’left’ visibility=’none’ delay=” clear_float=’yes’ icon=’‘ icon_margin=’5′ icon_alignment=’left’ icon_animation=’bounce’ title_color=” subtitle_color=” text_color=” title_size=” title_w=” subtitle_size=” subtitle_w=” text_size=” cb_margin=” ct_margin=” tt_margin=” st_margin=” tet_margin=” rich_key=’text_data’ type=’rad_text_widget’ id=’rpwU11KQNEWF025TVS1LS115R3N5W1O631F’ ][ditty_news_ticker id=”6266″]

St patricks De la salle KilkePrincipal: Joe McKeown For over one hundred years Saint Patrick’s De La Salle Boys School has been educating the children of Kikenny. It is our ambition, here in the De La Salle, to ensure that your child will be healthy and happy throughout his stay with us and that he will develop, not just academically, but in spirit and character. As in all national schools, we follow a child-centred curriculum which encompasses a wide range of subject areas. Through positivity and encouragement and with the support of the parents, teachers and local community, we hope to instill in our boys a sense of respect for themselves, for others, for their school and for their environment.Since 1888 Saint Patrick’s De La Salle has a proud association with our national games. Hurling and football are played by our pupils from a very early age. Our teams have won numerous County Championships and we hold a proud and unrivalled record of five-in-a-row County Football Titles. Soccer, swimming, basketball, mini-tennis, chess and our choir play a vital role also in our curriculum and our children’s development.We also prepare our children for the sacraments of First Confession, First Holy Communion and Confirmation. In so doing we hope to foster in them a deep sense of Christianity and love and a healthy respect for the beliefs of others-values, we hope, that will lead them to a happy and fulfilling life.

[/rad_page_widget][/rad_page_container][rad_page_container id=’rpcEQ27JL97HU89M5J0RH3I0X9UT09WG2SI’ layout=’full’ first=’true’ last=’true’ classes=” visibility=’None’ float=’left’ background_opts=” background_color=” background_opacity=” background_image=” background_position=” background_cover=” background_repeat=” background_attachment=” background_gradient_dir=” start_gr=” end_gr=’#eeeeee’ border_top_width=’0′ border_top_color=” border_top_type=” border_bottom_width=’0′ border_bottom_color=” border_bottom_type=” ][rad_page_widget id=’rpwSIXMNV6D7V25DUNJF7804XTET0NI5BXI’ type=’rad_divider_widget’ last=’true’ top=’true’ type=’rad_divider_widget’ divider_style=’line’ clear_float=’no’ vspace=’20px’ hspace=’0px’ divder_color=” type=’rad_divider_widget’ id=’rpwSIXMNV6D7V25DUNJF7804XTET0NI5BXI’ ][/rad_page_widget][/rad_page_container][/rad_page_section][rad_page_section id=’rpsV9RG9SVBYRRJRYG8V5KGX1MD88DC6BT4′ last=’true’ v_padding=” classes=” visibility=” background_opts=” background_color=” background_image=” background_position=” background_cover=” background_repeat=” background_attachment=” background_gradient_dir=’horizontal’ start_gr=” end_gr=” video_url=” border_top_width=” border_top_color=” border_top_type=” border_bottom_width=’1′ border_bottom_color=’#f5f5f5′ border_bottom_type=’solid’ ][rad_page_container id=’rpctext_OBNGEYKSNKPGBONDYYNCJYSEJC05MF5R’ layout=’full’ first=’true’ last=’true’ top=’true’ classes=” visibility=” float=” background_opts=” background_color=” background_opacity=” background_image=” background_position=” background_cover=” background_repeat=” background_attachment=” background_gradient_dir=” start_gr=” end_gr=” border_top_width=” border_top_color=” border_top_type=” border_bottom_width=” border_bottom_color=” border_bottom_type=” ][rad_page_widget id=’rpwG4WRWPFR18FUW7JYJFTJCQAU98PT04A7′ type=’rad_text_widget’ last=’true’ top=’true’ type=’rad_text_widget’ text_title=’History of the school ‘ text_subtitle=” rich_key=’text_data’ col_alignment=’left’ visibility=’none’ delay=” clear_float=’yes’ icon=’‘ icon_margin=’5′ icon_alignment=’none’ icon_animation=’pulse’ title_color=” subtitle_color=” text_color=” title_size=” title_w=” subtitle_size=” subtitle_w=” text_size=” cb_margin=” ct_margin=” tt_margin=” st_margin=” tet_margin=” rich_key=’text_data’ type=’rad_text_widget’ id=’rpwG4WRWPFR18FUW7JYJFTJCQAU98PT04A7′ ]

images

On September 3rd,1888, St. Patrick’s De La Salle opened as a three teacher school at Upper Patrick Street. Initially, there were 107 boys on the roll and Brother Edmund O’Donnell, John Sharkett and Mercier Cullen were the three teachers in charge. That school was used up to 1953, when the Brothers moved to the present location in Coote’s Lane. It remained as a three teacher school until the 1960s when both Sheestown and Folkstown schools were closed, with the boys transferring to St. Patrick’s De La Salle. This marked the first appearance of lay staff in St. Patrick’s De La Salle. 1976 marked the next major development in St. Patrick’s, with the completion of an eight classroom extension and a General Purpose Hall. The teaching staff had now increased to ten.December 1985 saw the completion of the latest extension to the school. This comprises of six new classrooms,replacement General Purpose Hall and extensive renovations to the existing building. A new sportsfield adjacent to the school was also acquired and is presently in use.September 1st 1986 sadly saw the departure of the De La Salle Order and the De La Salle Brothers Kieran Creedon(Superior), Michael Denby and Cyril Collins from the parish.This marked the end of the De La Salle Order’s unbroken association with education for 98 years. The present school is a fitting monument to the contribution that the De La Salle Brothers have made to St. Patrick’s Parish since 1888.

[/rad_page_widget][/rad_page_container][/rad_page_section]

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *